Terms and conditions
This Terms of Service applies to SBC Directory, as well as other SBC websites, apps, communications and other services that incorporate data and/or features from SBC Directory and state that they are offered under this Terms of Service (“Services”). Registered users of our Services are “Users” and unregistered users are “Visitors”. This Terms of Service applies to both Users and Visitors.SBC
Information on the Services is provided as a free service to Visitors, and such information is provided by the Users or compiled by SBC from publicly available sources. SBC makes no warranty as to the accuracy of the information or its fitness for any purpose. Visitors and Users seeking to use the information provided for any purpose that could result in financial loss or other risk should independently verify the information.
The Services are operated by Sports Betting Community Limited (also referred to as “SBC”, “we” and “us”), and in using the Services as a User or Visitor you agree to abide by the terms contained in these Terms of Service.
Users and Visitors
When you visit https://sbcdirectory.com, or another site or service covered by this Terms of Service without logging in, you may access certain information as a “Visitor”. Your usage of the Services as a Visitor is subject to all of the terms contained in this Terms of Service other than those that are specifically noted as only applying to Users.
Companies that register with SBC in order to claim their company profile will be given login credentials in order to access the self-service tools to maintain their company profile. When logged in to the Services using such credentials you are a “User”, and subject to the additional terms contained herein that apply to Users.
Company Access - Adding, Modifying or Removing Information
Any company operating in the relevant industries covered by SBC Directory may request to be added to the directory, or may claim their directory listing if the company is already included with an unclaimed listing. There is no charge to add or claim a basic listing, though certain features will require a paid subscription to a higher tier. Companies will be provided with one or more User accounts in order to be able to maintain the information in their directory listing.
If you are unable to access your User account to update your listing, or wish to have your company removed from the SBC Directory entirely, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to prevent unauthorised access to User accounts or other malicious actions to change information or remove companies from the directory, we may require verification of your identity as well as your authority to represent the company.
- Applicability Services
The Services are not for use by anyone under the age of 18.
To use the Services as a User, you agree that: (1) you must be the "Minimum Age" (described below) or older and (2) you are not already restricted by SBC from using the Services. Creating an account with false information is a violation of our terms, including accounts registered on behalf of others or persons under the age of 18.
"Minimum Age" means 18 years old. However, if law requires that you must be older in order for SBC to lawfully provide the Services to you without parental consent (including using of your personal data) then the Minimum Age is such older age.
Users are account holders. You agree to: (1) choose a strong and secure password; (2) keep your password secure and confidential; and (3) not transfer data from your account or share access to any part of your account. You are responsible for anything that happens through your account unless you close it or report misuse.
As accounts are used to access and maintain company profiles, as a User your company may request to disable access to the company profile.
Access to some parts of the Services may be restricted to only those Users who are granted access by SBC, based on the tier of service subscribed to by the company or the access rights the subscriber company grants to that User. You acknowledge and accept that your access to any part of the Services may be limited by such restrictions which shall be determined by SBC at its sole discretion.
Notices and Messages
If you are a User, you agree that we will provide notices and messages to you sent to the contact information you provided us (e.g., email, mobile number, physical address). You agree to keep your contact information up to date.
- Service Eligibility
Rights and Limits
Your License to SBC
As between you and SBC, as a User, you own the content and information that you submit or post to the Services, and you are only granting SBC and our affiliates the following non-exclusive license:
A worldwide, transferable and sublicensable right to use, copy, modify, distribute, publish, and process, information and content that you provide through our Services and the services of others, without any further consent, notice and/or compensation to you or others. These rights are limited in the following ways:
- You can end this license for specific content by deleting such content from the Services, or generally by closing your account, except for the reasonable time it takes to remove from backup and other systems.
- While we may edit and make format changes to your content (such as translating it, modifying the size, layout or file type or removing metadata), we will not modify the meaning of your expression.
- Because you own your content and information and we only have non-exclusive rights to it, you may choose to make it available to others.
By submitting suggestions or other feedback regarding our Services to SBC, you agree that SBC can use and share (but does not have to) such feedback for any purpose without compensation to you.
You agree to only provide content or information that does not violate the law nor anyone’s rights (including intellectual property rights). You also agree that the company profile information will be truthful. SBC may be required by law to remove certain information or content in certain countries.
We may change or discontinue any of our Services.
By using the Services, you may encounter content or information that might be inaccurate, incomplete, delayed, misleading, illegal, offensive or otherwise harmful. SBC generally does not review content provided by our Users. You agree that we are not responsible for others’ (including other Users’) content or information. We cannot always prevent this misuse of our Services, and you agree that we are not responsible for any such misuse.
SBC reserves the right to limit your use of the Services. SBC reserves the right to restrict, suspend, or terminate your account if we believe that you may be in breach of these Terms of Service or any law or are misusing the Services.
Intellectual Property Rights
SBC reserves all of its intellectual property rights in the Services. Using the Services does not give you any ownership in our Services or the content or information made available through our Services. Trademarks and logos used in connection with the Services are the trademarks of their respective owners.
- Your License to SBC
Disclaimer and Limit of Liability
TO THE EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER LAW, SBC AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT SBC WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) (A) DISCLAIM ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND REPRESENTATIONS (E.G. WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, ACCURACY OF DATA, AND NONINFRINGEMENT); (B) DO NOT GUARANTEE THAT THE SERVICES WILL FUNCTION WITHOUT INTERRUPTION OR ERRORS, AND (C) PROVIDE THE SERVICES (INCLUDING CONTENT AND INFORMATION) ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW CERTAIN DISCLAIMERS, SO SOME OR ALL OF THESE DISCLAIMERS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
Exclusion of Liability
TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED UNDER LAW (AND UNLESS SBC HAS ENTERED INTO A SEPARATE WRITTEN AGREEMENT THAT OVERRIDES THESE TERMS OF SERVICE), SBC AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT SBC WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU OR OTHERS FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, OR ANY LOSS OF DATA, OPPORTUNITIES, REPUTATION, PROFITS OR REVENUES, RELATED TO THE SERVICES (E.G. OFFENSIVE OR DEFAMATORY STATEMENTS, DOWN TIME OR LOSS, USE OF, OR CHANGES TO, YOUR INFORMATION OR CONTENT).
IN NO EVENT SHALL THE LIABILITY OF SBC AND ITS AFFILIATES (AND THOSE THAT SBC WORKS WITH TO PROVIDE THE SERVICES) EXCEED, IN THE AGGREGATE FOR ALL CLAIMS, AN AMOUNT THAT IS THE LESSER OF (A) THE FEES THAT YOU PAID TO SBC IN ANY TWELVE MONTH PERIOD IN RELATION TO THE SERVICES OR (B) GBP £1000.
THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY SHALL APPLY TO ALL CLAIMS OF LIABILITY (E.G. WARRANTY, TORT, NEGLIGENCE, CONTRACT, LAW) EVEN IF SBC OR ITS AFFILIATES HAS BEEN TOLD OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF THESE REMEDIES FAIL THEIR ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
SOME LAWS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY, SO THESE LIMITS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
- No Warranty
If you are a User, either you or SBC may terminate the Terms of Service at any time with notice to the other. On termination, you lose the right to access or use the Services. The following shall survive termination:
- Our rights to use and disclose your feedback;
- Sections 4, 6, and 7 of this User Agreement;
- Any amounts owed by either party prior to termination remain owed after termination.
You can close your account at any time by following the instructions in 11.1 below.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
You and SBC agree that the laws of England and Wales shall exclusively govern any dispute relating to these Terms of Service and/or the Services. You and SBC agree that claims and disputes can be litigated only in the courts of London, England, and we each agree to personal jurisdiction of the courts located in London, England.
If a court with authority over these Terms of Service finds any part of it unenforceable, you and we agree that the court should modify the terms to make that part enforceable while still achieving its intent. If the court cannot do that, you and we agree to ask the court to remove that unenforceable part and still enforce the rest of the Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service (including additional terms that may be provided by us when you engage with a feature of the Services) is the only agreement between us regarding the Services and supersedes all prior agreements for the Services.
If we don't act to enforce a breach of these Terms of Service, that does not mean that SBC has waived its right to enforce the Terms of Service. You may not assign or transfer your rights under these Terms of Service (or your use of the Services) to anyone without our consent. However, you agree that SBC may assign any of its rights under these Terms of Service to its affiliates or a party that buys it without your consent. There are no third-party beneficiaries to these Terms of Service.
You agree that the only way to provide us legal notice is at the addresses provided in Section 10.
Rules of Use
- You agree to comply with all applicable laws, including, without limitation, privacy laws, intellectual property laws, anti-spam laws, export control laws, tax laws, and regulatory requirements;
- You will use the Services in a professional manner.
- You will provide accurate information to us and keep it updated.
- You will not create a false company profile, impersonate another company, nor claim or create a company profile for any company without the explicit authority to do so by that company;
- You will not disclose information that you do not have the consent to disclose (such as confidential information of others (including your employer));
- You will not imply or state that you are affiliated with or endorsed by SBC without our express consent;
- You will not use or attempt to use another’s account, nor will you override any security feature or bypass or circumvent any access controls or use limits of the Service;
- You will not copy, use, disclose or distribute any information obtained from the Services, whether directly or through third parties (such as search engines), without the consent of SBC;
- You agree not to rent, lease, loan, trade, sell/re-sell or otherwise monetize the Services or related data or access to the same, without SBC’s consent;
- You agree not to use bots or other automated methods to access the Services;
- You will not monitor the Services’ availability, performance or functionality for any competitive purpose, nor will you interfere with the operation of, or place an unreasonable load on, the Services (e.g., spam, denial of service attack, viruses, gaming algorithms);
- You agree not to develop, support or use software, devices, scripts, robots, or any other means or processes (including crawlers, browser plugins and add-ons, or any other technology) to scrape the Services or otherwise copy profiles and other data from the Services;
- You agree not to violate the intellectual property rights of others, including copyrights, patents, trademarks, trade secrets, or other proprietary rights. You also agree not to violate the intellectual property or other rights of SBC, including, without limitation, by copying or distributing our technology, unless it is released under open source licenses;
- You will not Deep-link to our Services for any purpose other than to promote your or your company’s profile on our Services, without SBC’s consent;
- You will not engage in “framing,” “mirroring,” or otherwise simulating the appearance or function of the Services, nor will you overlay or otherwise modify the Services or their appearance (such as by inserting elements into the Services or removing, covering, or obscuring an advertisement included on the Services);
- You will not violate the policies or guidelines with respect to any SBC organised event connected in any way with the Services or any additional terms concerning a specific Service that are provided when you sign up for or start using such Service.
Complaints Regarding Content
We respect the intellectual property rights of others. We require that information posted by Users be accurate and not in violation of the intellectual property rights or other rights of third parties. If you have any concerns or complaints about content posted by other Users you may contact us at the email or address below.
How To Contact Us
If you want to send us notices or service of process, please contact us at email@example.com or by mail at Customer Services Dept, Sports Betting Community Ltd, Riverbank House, Putney Bridge Approach, London, SW6 3JD, United Kingdom.
- Closing Your Account
You can close your account at any time by contacting us at the email or mailing address above.